SALIENT FEATURES OF THE PROJECT
- Location of the plant: Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corpn. Ltd.
(APIIC) Growth Centre, Bobbili, Vizianagaram district in the state of Andhra Pradesh
(110 Kms. away from Visakhapatnam).
- Major Facilities: Two submerged arc furnaces with state-of-art technology
along with raw material handling system, water & electrical systems, utilities and other
- Capacity: To produce 37,500 tonnes of Silico Manganese per annum and 20,000
tonnes of Ferro manganese per annum.
- Cost of project: Rs. 206.07 Crores (net of Cenvat).
- Raw Material: Manganese ore, main raw material for production of Ferro Alloys
in this plant will be supplied from various mines of MOIL, RINL and OMDC.
- Conservation of resources: With the adoption of latest technology,
plant will utilize even low and medium grade of manganese ore, which is step towards conserving
natural high grade resources.
- Environment friendly: The project would be eco friendly to environment with
installation of dust extraction system along with bag filter etc.