||Energy Savings (Gcals)
||1. Recirculation of Tar Sludge, Benzol Muck ,Coke Dust in Coke Ovens
2. Installation of Rotary Discharge device in place of Batch Discharge at Coke Dry cooling plant chambers.
||1. Optimizing thermal energy consumption by deep bed sintering in sinter plants
2. Optimising coke use in sinter making by increased usage of metallurgical waste
3. Process improvement by usage of LD slag in Sinter Making to recirculate useful metals into Iron Making.
||1. Reducing coke consumption in Blast Furnaces by Proper blending of raw materials to produce low ash coke
|Steel Melt Shop
||1. Auto Operation of Injection Refining and Up Temperature Plant
|Light and Medium Merchant Mill
||1. Rationalization of heat distribution and controlling air ingress at Billet Mill reheating furnaces.
2. Increase in baffle wall height between Heating and preheating zone to reduce Flue gas temperature and for increased residence time at Billet Mill reheating furnaces.
||1. Power Consumption reduction at Bar Mill by modification of roll pass design.
|Wire Rod Mill
||1. Reduction in Heat consumption in Reheating Furnaces of Rolling Mills by hot charging of billets to WRM.
2. Reducing Field Currents Of 1700kw DC motors to 25% during Non-Rolling Hours.
|Medium Merchant and Structural Mill
||1. Reducing Field Currents Of 4Nos Of 2000 Kw Dc Motors in MMSM during Non-Rolling Hours.
2. Replacement of Frequency Converters in MMSM drives.
| 4800 MWH
|Energy Management Department
||1. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) system.
2. Injection of Reversal pause coke oven gas into BF gas line supplied to TPP.
|Raw Material Handling Plant
||1. Installation of Vector Drive in Wagon Tipplers of RMHP
|Thermal Power Plant
||1. Increased usage of By product fuels (Co gas and BF gas) and reduction of Boiler Coal usage