Setting up Kid's Corner
Kids love smartphones – but what if your child accidentally erases your phone or emails everyone in your address book while playing? No such worries with Children's Corner, a place on your phone where your child can play with the games, apps, music and videos that you add there, but can't get to the rest of your stuff.
To set up Kid's Corner
1. On Start , swipe over to the App list, tap Settings > Kid's Corner , then tap Next.
2. To add content to Kid's Corner, tap Games, Music, Videos or Apps, select the items you want to add, then tap Done .
3. When you've finished adding things, tap Next.
4. If your phone doesn't already have a lock screen password, you'll have a chance to set one now and ensure that your child can't get to your Start screen from Kid's Corner. Tap Set password, type your password, then tap Done.
5. Tap Finish to leave setup and open Kid's Corner.
· If your phone is set to lock itself automatically after a period of inactivity, you might sometimes need to enter your lock screen password before your child can open Kid's Corner.
· If your child taps a web link from an app or game you've added to Kid's Corner, they'll be able to access that web page in the browser and follow any links they find there. However, they won't be able to go to other web pages by typing a web address into the browser.
6. You can go back and add or delete things from Kid's Corner at any time. Go to Settings >Kid's Corner, and make your changes. If you think you'll be changing Kid's Corner often, tap Pin to pin it to Start.
To use Children's Corner
Only you can add items to Children's Corner, but children can open and use it on their own. They can also change the name, accent colour and background picture.
1. From the main lock screen, swipe over to the Kid's Corner lock screen.
2. Swipe up to enter Kid's Corner. The Start screen works just like the main Start screen – you can resize the tiles and move them around.
3. Tap Customise to choose a new name, lock screen picture or accent colour.
4. To leave Children's Corner, press the phone's power button. When you press it again, you'll be back at the main lock screen.
· To turn Kid's Corner on and off, in the App list, tap Settings > Kid's Corner.
· By default, you can't make any Windows Phone Store purchases from Kid's Corner