- Involvement of top management through Apex level
and training advisory committees.
- Training need identification through annual surveys.
- Annual training calendar and nomination through
ERP System. Training record of each employee is also
available through this system to HODs.
- Courses designed in consultations with line managers.
- Three tier evaluation of training effectiveness.
- Constant review and improvements based on feedback.
- Focus on internal faculty development.
- Unit Training (on- the-job Training.) system developed and
implemented with the assistance of British Steel.
RINL has entered in to MOU with National Skill Development Council for organizing Skill training to Employees, Contractual Workers and Unemployed Youth. A Skill Development Centre has been by the Steel Secretary, GOI, on 1.4.2016.
Having entered in to MOUs with Indian Iron and Steel Sector Skill Council RINL is organizing Recognition of Prior Learning(RPL), training modules on “Bearing Maintenance”, “Fitter – Electrical Assembly”, “Fitter – Instrumentation” and “Conveyor Operation and Maintenance” for RINL employees. Assessment was done by IISSSC Assessors at the end of training programmes and Certificates issued to the successful employees.
RINL is also organizing RPL programs for the Contractual Workers on “Fitter –Electrical Assembly” and “Conveyor Operation and Maintenance”.
For displaying Plant working models Steel Museum has been developed at Training department . Various Plant working Models about Coke Ovens, Blast Furnace, Steel Melting Shop, Rolling Mills and Plant Lay out , Quality Circle models are displayed in the Museum. Steel Secretary, GOI, has inaugurated the Museum on 1.4.2016.
Naval Officers visit to Steel Museum located at L&DC.
- The Central Library catering to the needs of the employees maintains about 30,000 books on various subjects like Metallurgy, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Civil etc.
- 75 Technical & Non-Technical Journals like Steel & Metallurgy, Iron & Steel Technology, Chemical Industry Digest, World Coal, Water Today, Steel 360, IJIR, IJTD, People Matters, People & Management, Vikalpa , Business Manager etc are available for the employees.
- 18 online journals like Coke Market Report, McCloskey Coal Report, Argus Steel Feed Stocks, World Steel Dynamics, Metal Bulletin, Refractory Windows, and Steel Mint etc. are available for the employees.
- It procures the complete set of Indian Standards Online.
- About 3000 E-Books are available with Central Library.
- Steel Authority of India ltd (DSP, RSP, BSP, BoSP).
- Bellary Steel and Alloys Ltd.
- Ispat Metallics India Ltd.
- Neelanchal Ispat Nigam Ltd.
- N T P C Ramagundam.
- N M D C Nagarnar.
- Local organisations:BHPV, HPCL, DCIL, HZL etc.
Besides conventional workshops special facilities are available such as
- Welding Shop equipped with TIG Welding Apparatus, MIG Welding Apparatus.
- Machine Shop equipped with Universal Tool & cutter Machine, Universal Cylindrical Grinder1 Ton Capacity Manual Monorail.
- Electrical Shop equipped with Series Motor, Auto- Transformer Starter, 3 Phase Auto-Transformer,Motors for Demo .
- Hydraulics section- equipped with PLC controlled Training. kit, transparent models.
- Valve and Pump section with cut sections of various types of pumps/valves used. .
- Basic Mechanical Model Room equipped with models of all types of Bearings & cut sections of pumps.
- Material Handling Section.
- Electronic Laboratory with Automation (PLC and microprocessor) training kits. Electronics training kits etc.
- Two PC Laboratories – one for advanced programmes and the other for basics.
- Well equipped class rooms and AC conference halls with modern AV aids.
- Air Conditioned Auditorium.
- Excellent on-the-job Training facilities.
- Well qualified and trained faculty.
- Hostel Facilities for fresher’s and trainees.
- Two fully equipped canteens catering to the needs of development programmes as well as regulars visitors to L&DC.
- L&DC has won First prize in Safety & House keeping Competitions among Zone 5 departments.
- L&DC has won First prize in implementing Suggestions and Quality Circles.